a lot of people or facilitating
a workshop, I focus on reconnecting with my Self.
A grounding meditation is
a helpful way to center everyday, especially after
an active event. It allows you to draw on the energy of mother earth and sky, star energy.
Here's how to do it:
- Sit in a chair in a quiet place and close your eyes.
- Straighten your spine and place your feet on the ground.
- Feel your sit bones on the chair.
- Take a deep breath in and release your it down though your body and your legs into the floor/earth.
- Release any thoughts (worries, nagging issues) you can let the earth hold for you during the meditation or next activity (like art making).
- Take another breath in and release it deep into the earth and then breathe in the richness of the earth core. Bring that energy using your breath, back into your body to ground and connect you to the earth.
- Take another breath bringing in more earth energy and then breathe it out of the top of your head.
- Breathe in bringing in the fresh sky air and breathe all the way up to the stars. Bring back that energy into your body.
- Breathe now into your heart. Use your breath to expand your heart. Breathe in and out of your heart, feeling the warmth and energy of your Self.
- Sense your Self centered between heaven and earth.
- Sit quietly and when ready, open your eyes slowly. Re-enter the space with calm, centered, grounded energy.